This Privacy Statement describes the types of personal information Aspen Creek Pomskies + Northerns collects through our web sites that link to this Privacy Statement, including without limitation aspencreekpomskies.com and any related sub domain names (the "Site"). This Privacy Statement does not govern our collection of personal information through any website or other means, other than through the Site.
By using the Site, you explicitly accept, without limitation or qualification, our practices surrounding the collection, use, and sharing of personal information provided by you in the manner described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement, please do not access, browse, or use the Site.
II. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. Actively Collected Information. You may be asked to provide personal information if you wish to register as a user of the Site, to submit information or request information from us, or to use the services offered through the Site, such as, making purchases in our Online Store. This personal information includes information that identifies you (whether directly or indirectly) such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or other demographic information, and any other information you voluntarily provide.
If you decide to make any purchases through the Site, we will collect your payment card information and shipment information, including without limitation your credit/debit card number, credit/debit card expiration date, credit/debit card type (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express), and name and address in order to bill you for and ship such purchase.
B. Passively Collected Information. We may collect certain information about your use of the Site through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. We may use analytics applications such as Google Analytics to help us collect and analyze this information. This "passively collected" information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Site, search engines used, the internet protocol ("IP") address used, the length of time spent on the Site, the pages you looked at on the Site, other websites you visited before and after visiting the Site, your browser type, the frequency of your visits to the Site, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Log Information When you access the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address (or the proxy server you use to access the internet), browser type, browser language, your computer operating system, your mobile device and mobile operating system, the name of your internet service provider or your mobile carrier, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of characters) that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Navigation Information. When you visit or access the Site we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came (known as a "referring URL") and the site to which you are going when you leave the Site. Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an ad on the Site. The Site may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether you have clicked on a link or opened an email from us. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
- Location Data We may also receive location data passed to us from location-enabled devices that you have enabled or from third-party services.
- Web Beacons Web beacons (also known as "pixel tags" or "clear GIFs") are 1x1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed the Site and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. We may employ web beacons to facilitate Site administration and navigation, to track the actions of users of the Site, to compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates, and to provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the Site. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail messages that we send to determine which e-mail messages were opened.
III. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information collected through the Site may be used by Aspen Creek Pomskies + Northerns for purposes of:
- Administering and processing your account or applications;
- In connection with registering a litter or dog;
- For determining compliance with our terms and conditions, contracts, and policies and contacting individuals to whom you have transferred a dog or puppy;
- Responding to your questions;
- Providing the products and services you select;
- Contacting you, whether by email or postal mail, with information about the Site or our products, services, and promotions;
- Auditing, research, and analysis to maintain, protect, and improve our product and service offerings;
- Creating a profile based on the information you have provided;
- Ensuring the technical functions of our network;
- Developing new products and services;
- Processing your orders, donations, and inquiries;
- Responding to your requests and improve the Site;
- Compiling personal information and other information collected through the Site on an aggregate basis; and
- For such purposes as you may authorize at the time you submit the information.
IV. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE SHARE
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share personal information collected through the Site, except as described below:
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates We may share personal information collected through the Site with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Service Providers We work with third parties that provide services on our behalf. Such services may include, without limitation, product fulfillment, website and email hosting, marketing, website analytics, advertising, and payment card processing services. We may share personal information and non-personal information collected through the Site with these third parties so that these third parties can provide services on our behalf. We do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of such third parties.
- Marketing We enter into certain select marketing relationships with advertisers and other companies that provide products or services that we believe may be of interest to users of the Site. We will share personal information or any information collected through the Site with those marketing partners in order to help them send you information that we believe will be of interest to you.
- Third Party Payment Processors If you make purchases through the Site, we may share personal information with third parties who process payments on our behalf. Aspen Creek Pomskies + Northerns is not responsible for the conduct of any third parties who process payments on our behalf, and we expressly disclaim all liability for damages of any kind arising out of the action or inaction of such third parties.
- Non-Private or Non-Personal Information We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of people who visited or accessed the Site or the number of profiles created by users of the Site.
- Third-Party Advertising Entities You may see third party advertisements posted through the Site. Some advertisements are chosen by companies that place advertisements on behalf of other third party advertisers. The information they collect from the Site does not identify you personally.
If you choose to interact with specific advertisers who advertise through the Site, the information you provide to them is subject to the conditions of their specific privacy policies.
- Consent We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
- Required by Law We may disclose personal information or any information collected through the Site if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials or law enforcement authorities, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity.
- Certain Transactions We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through the Site to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our stock or assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
- Public Information Note that any information which you upload, post, e-mail, submit or otherwise transmit to, through, or in connection with the Site to a public message board, chat area or other public area of the Site becomes public information. You are solely responsible for any such information you choose to post on or through the Site, and you may always choose not to divulge any personal information to the public when posting to a message board, chat area or other public area of the Site. All information that is posted to a message board, chat area, or other public area of the Site may be shared by us with others.
V. AGGREGATE INFORMATION
We may compile personal information and other information collected through the Site on an aggregate basis. This information may include, without limitation, the number of users who have registered for the Site and demographic information about users of the Site. Such aggregate information does not identify you individually. We may use aggregate information and share aggregate information with third parties for any of the purposes specified in this Privacy Statement, or for any other lawful purpose.
VI. YOUR CHOICES
A. Information You Provide. You can always choose whether or not to provide information on the Site. However, if you choose not to disclose certain information, you will not be able to create an account on the Site, which may limit your access to certain portions of the Site or your ability to conduct certain transactions on the Site.
B. Updating Information. We encourage registered users of the Site to keep their personal information current. Please contact us if you have an update in your personal records such as a change in address or name.
VII. INFORMATION STORAGE & SECURITY
We employ reasonable security precautions to protect personal information about you. The Site is operated from a secure environment with integrated security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information provided on or through the Site. We encrypt certain types of information, such as payment card information, when transmitting information between your browser and the Site. No method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure. As a result, although we strive to protect personal information about you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the Site. If you have reason to believe that personal information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately by contacting us in accordance with the last section below.
VIII. A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
You must be 18 or older to purchase a puppy from Aspen Creek Pomskies + Northerns. Children under the age of 13 should be supervised when making purchases from our Pomsky Gear shop. We are not liable for purchases made unsupervised.
IX. EXTERNAL LINKS
X. SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
The Site is intended for use by residents of the United States of America only. All matters relating to the Site are governed exclusively by the laws of the State of New York in the United States of America and not the jurisdiction in which you are located. If you are located outside of the United States of America and you contact us, please be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States of America and that by submitting information, you explicitly authorize such transfer.
We may change or update the Site or any of our policies and procedures without prior notice. We will post a notice on this Site to advise you of any significant changes to this Privacy Statement and indicate at the bottom of this Privacy Statement when it was most recently updated. Your continued use of the Site signifies your continued assent to the terms of this Privacy Statement, as updated or amended at that time.
Last Updated: January 1, 2018